ELECTRONIC PLAN CHECK
Take electronic plan check and review to a higher level. Tools that make sense, not only saving you time and effort, but also significantly improving collaboration, communication and service to your customers.
TrackSoft has an integrated plan review application. The application is envisioned by plan check engineers for plan check engineers and has many practical features that makes plan checking faster and more accurate.
Stack multiple sheet and view from various angles to see how elements line up.
The plans can be uploaded online by the applicant or by an employee when logging in a plan check. The upload process is an entire pdf file and not on a sheet by sheet basis.
Once the plans are uploaded to the server, they are analyzed and optimized. This process takes about 10 minutes for most plans. Once this process is complete, that plans are read for review.
No other 3rd party review applications are needed (e.g. Adobe Acrobat of BlueBeam), the application is independent and does not need any 3rd party components.
To initiate a plan check, a plan reviewer would select the permit or plan check record the click a button, which then starts windows desktop application that loads the plans. The application needs to be installed beforehand.
The application caches a copy of the plan and correction lists on the user’s local computer, which makes the navigation and adding comment much faster. Being a windows application takes advantage of the power of your machine and system to deliver responsive, fast and feature rich application. No need to wait for slow loading web applications.
The following are the key features of the electronic plan check application:
1. Start application by opening a document from web interface.
2. Document Navigation: paging: next, previous, first, last, quick switch. Keyboard shortcuts for all navigation items.
3. Page navigation:
c. previous zoom
d. zoom extent
e. Keyboard shortcuts for all zooming items.
4. Measuring tools
c. User can set units and scale.
5. Markup tools: ability to
a. add line, box, circle, ellipse, box with rounded corners.
b. ability to set fill, border and opacity.
c. quick access to pens and colors
6. Undo and redo capability.
7. Document searching. Searching and giving the pages where key phrases appear on plans with the ability to jump directly to the page containing the phrase.
8. Adding comments using source import and free comments. drag and drop a comment to plans from predefined list of comments or from another text source. Modify or adjust comment as needed.
9. Collaboration and multiple reviewers: identify each review process with own colors and fonts. Different users may simultaneously review a document. Planning, Fire, Public Works and other departments can each add their own color-coded comments. At the end, you have the option of compiling the correction list in one all-inclusive correction list or individual ones.
10. Your Own Comments: import your comments or checklist and drag and drop on the plans